September 25, 2020
Church Council has agreed to hold indoor worship services beginning October 4, 2020. Below are the guidelines and protocols that will need to be followed if you are attending the services in person.
Please know that if you are not comfortable with meeting in person, or if you have any issue or hesitation following the guidelines, you are welcome to continue to join the services via Zoom, same as we have been doing for a while now. We continue to try to do this the best way we can while following the guidelines from the CDC, NYS Department of Health, and Church Mutual Insurance.
• Face masks are mandatory for everyone’s health and safety, if over the age of 2 and if medically able. Please wear your mask as soon as exiting your vehicle and whenever you are walking about. If you are seated and are at least 6’ away from any non-household member, you may remove your mask. If you need to get up and move around the building or grounds, go to the restroom, etc., please put your face mask on.
• Those speaking at the front of the gathering may remove their masks while speaking.
• Masks will need to be worn while singing, unless you are more than 12’ from any non-household member.
• Please maintain a minimum 6’ distance from any non-household member.
• Please be sure to receive consent from any other person before being closer than a 6’ distance (such as for a fist bump, hug, or close talking).
• Please use the benches/pews with the cushions as they have been spaced to maintain a minimum of 6’ distance from others. Remember to sit at least 6’ from any non-household member if sharing a bench/pew.
• Children’s lessons will continue during the main gathering. There will not be Sunday School or a separate Children’s Church at this time.
• The whole-house fan will be on whenever we are gathered together, along with a window in the basement open to create good air flow up and out of the building.
• In the event of inclement weather or other issues that would prevent us from meeting in person, our alternative method of meeting will be via Zoom. Any decision changing the venue will be made by 7:30 on Sunday mornings and will be communicated by email. * Please develop a habit of checking for this email prior to departing from your home.* If you don’t have email and have questions about whether an outdoor service has been changed to Zoom only, please contact someone who has email.
“Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” Hebrews 10:24-25